Waterfall

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    JanCarolSeidr

Skogafoss Waterfall Iceland

Waterfall – is a cascading of emotion. Emotion that falls off a cliff – you can’t control it, but gravity will ground it – you just have to ride it down. Where you were in relation to the waterfall is important. Tumbling down on you, means that the emotions are overwhelming – off in the distance, you can witness them but are not as affected by them.

Waterfalls represent flexibility, power.

In the I Ching, it represents impermanence, and changelessness – the more that things change, the more they stay the same. Change and impermanence are the only things you can rely on!
      Another interesting waterfall quote: the structure stays the same – the vision of water flowing over the rocks – but the content is always changing, new water all the time.

When I see the Waterfall, I know that change is coming. If I try to cling to the cliff I will get hurt. The best approach to change is to take a deep breath and flow with it! Waterfall teaches us how to flow.

JanCarolSeidr

In Norse Runes, there is a Rune about Waterfall.

Laguz:

Whispers of Yggdrasil - Laguz

The shape of the Rune speaks of water building up and cascading over the edge – a waterfall.

The Rune Poems also discuss the Rune as water in general.

Icelandic:

Water is eddying stream
        and broad geyser
        and land of the fish.

Norwegian:

A waterfall is a River which falls from a mountainside
        But ornaments are of gold.

Anglo-Saxon:

The ocean seems interminable to men, if they venture on the rolling bark and the waves of the see terrify them and the courser of the deep heed not its bridle

(these three from “Runic and Heroic Poems” as edited by Bruce Dickins 1915, reprint 1968)

And, this one, a more modern translation, from “The Rune Poem” translated and annotated by Jim Paul,

Anglo Saxon:

Seasick and tired of water,
        then terrified as the storm-surge
        sweeps over the ship.

All of the Rune poems speak of large change – whether a waterfall over a cliff, or a storm surge at sea, and the ability to be flexible and resilient in the face of this watery change.

JanCarolSeidr

Hotel Dorrigo - Dangar Falls

Laura Bowen writes of waterfall in “Dreamtime Reading Cards,”

(paraphrased) Waterfall is release. A waterfall is strong and powerful, and moves a lot of water. Communication involves ideas being shared and discussed.

Words that tumble with force and anger can hurt and destroy. Rather than letting emotions explode, allow your emotions and feelings to fall, roll and flow out regularly, continuously.

Sharing your ideas, thoughts, and feelings is really important at this time, whether spoken or written – you need to communicate the overflowing that waterfall indicates you are feeling at this time.

Do not let emotions build up. Say how you feel and be honest with those around you. There may be possible arguments and emotional outbursts, but speak honestly and openly and allow others to do the same.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.